Critter Crew Members
We are so proud of our Critter Crew volunteers! Now that you have invested time in our class, and are part of the volunteer team, you can choose from the options below to visit the farm and continue to grow.
Remember some basics when you come to volunteer:
dress for the weather - bring a jacket, gloves, hat if needed
wear your logo shirt and jeans, black or khaki pants/shorts
wear tennis shoes or boots
bring snacks, water bottles, sack lunch as needed
work as a team and remember the golden rule
If you have any questions, contact our Volunteer Coordinator Makayla at or 616-748-1110
To speak with Director Mary Rottschafer directly, contact her at 616-218-1582.
Thank you for your dedication and service to Critter Barn!
The animals, our guests, and members of our staff appreciate all you do.
Volunteer Shift Sign-Up:
Please read below for information about volunteer shifts!
1) MARCH SHIFT TIMES:
8:30am - 12:00pm - 6 volunteers
2:00pm - 5:30pm - 6 volunteers - (note the new end time)
2) Because it’s a new year, EVERYONE will be required to resubmit your information in the Volunteer Local system. We want to make sure we have everyone’s most up-to-date information, along with a newly signed waiver. Please be thorough in filling these out.
3) Critter Crew members may register for ONE shift per week. This provides more kids with the opportunity to come to the farm.
4) Volunteer drop-off and pick up will take place at the North End of the red barn. Please drive slowly up the driveway and park in our back lot.
5) Parents/Guardians are REQUIRED to park and walk in to check-in and check-out their volunteer for each shift. At the start of each shift, a brief health form will need to be completed, along with a forehead-temperature check.
6) Staff and Critter Crew members are required to wear a face masks indoors, and when you are outdoors and within 6' of others.
7) If your Critter Crew member is volunteering after school, they may arrive after our shift start time. Just ring the doorbell at the front desk when you arrive and a staff person will meet you there.
We have new registration software! CLICK HERE to learn how to sign up.
2021 Critter Crew Refresher Course
This year, we will wait to complete our Spring 2021 Critter Crew Refresher Course until we move, or are close to moving to the new farm.
Once we move, it will be a new farm, with a new way to operate, and new routines to learn. Every current Critter Crew member will be required to take this course before volunteering for the next summer. We will hold 2021 Refresher classes in person at the new farm.
More information about the exact dates will be posted soon!
Farm On The Go! Sign-Up:
Please wear your Critter Crew shirt.
Dates, times and locations are listed in the registration.
Please email us if you need a ride. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Click below to register for our Farm on the Go events.